Monday, March 19, 2012

Rising of the Nephilim....Prompt word: SKY


Don't forget to listen to the music I provided below and leave a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts.


Katriana kneeled and prayed silently at St. James Cathedral for this was her daily ritual for the past five years.  Praying for the pain to leave her. Praying for a way to forget. Praying.

In the alcove like a bird on a perch Sabrina sat on the ledge waiting for Katriana to finish.  Sabrina never faulted anyone for praying. She knew that there was hope that one of the watchers would be listening. And if God was merciful he would allow them to intervene and help a human. But not this evening, at least Sabrina didn't sense the presence of a watcher so she was going to be that answer that Katriana wanted. 

Sabrina had spoken to Henry about her plan and he felt it was risky but that she would have to do what she felt was best. She was going to expose herself to Katriana in her true form in the church. No one ever was in there at that time of day. Evening mass wasn't until 7 pm and it was only 5ish. That gave her plenty of time to do what she needed to do. As a precaution she made sure all the doors to the sanctuary were locked from the inside. Now all she had to do was wait a few more seconds for Katriana to finish praying.

She heard Katriana whisper, "In the name of the father, and of the son and of the holy spirit. Amen" and she sat back into the pew exhausted from her ritual.

That was the moment when Sabrina teleported herself from where she was perched to levitating with outstretched wings in front of the extremely large crucifix behind the alter. The brilliance of light that emanated from Sabrina's expanded wings momentarily blinded Katriana. She covered her eyes as if trying to shade from sunlight. And then ducked down behind the pew with fright.

"It's okay, you don't need to hide from me." Sabrina said in a calm soft voice.

Katriana's heart raced as her vision adjusted.  All this time thinking she was praying upon deaf ears and an Angel appears.  She was frightened and curious all at once to see the Angel with the beautiful voice. So she slowly rose and peeked over the pew to see the most beautiful creature she had ever layed eyes upon.

It was female, very similar to the way she looked except much more beautiful with deep black eyes,  light-peach color skin which seemed to glow, long black hair that had a slight wave to it. She was extremely tall, had to be at least 7 feet, Katriana was gaging off her own height which was just 6 foot. Her body was breathtaking, slender but not too thin and had curves in all the right places. She was wearing jeans and a blouse which revealed her perfect cleavage. Katriana felt the need to touch her to see if she was real or was she on the brink of insanity.

"I assure you, you are not insane. Depressed, yes! But, I'm her to help you and to offer you a great gift." Sabrina could read her every thought and knew that Katriana was willing to do anything to be happy again.

"I, what, who are you?" Katriana fumbled with her words.

"My name is Sabrina and I am a Nephilim. I have been watching you for some time and I want to help you rid yourself of your bad dreams and perhaps create new memories which are not so horrific. But, in doing so you have to pledge you life to me for all eternity. And by doing this I will make you immortal."

"What is a Nephilim? You mean you are not an Angel. Are you one of God's creatures? How can you make me immortal?" Katriana was full of many questions and rightfully so. Sabrina had expected this and planned to answer every question before turning Katriana.

"A Nephilim is a hybrid-human. A cross between an Angel and human to be exact. I guess since both of those are of God so am I.  Although God doesn't really appreciate us as much as he should." there was a tinge of sarcasm at the end of Sabrina's response.

"I promise I will not harm you. You are important to me but we need to leave here before others see me like this. I can change my appearance but right now I want you to see me as I truly am. So if you come with me I will show what these wings can do." Sabrina spoke with sincerity and offered her hand to Katriana to take.

Katriana felt mesmerized and took Sabrina's hand. Instantly they were teleported to the highest part of the Cathedral roof. The sky had just turned to night and there was a slight chill to the air, Katriana shivered. Still holding Sabrina's hand she looked up to see her face as a child looking up to her mother.  Sabrina looked down at Katriana making eye contact and smiled. Then she pulled Katriana in closer and took off into the night.


For more great reads from amazing writers click: www.tuesdaytales1.blogspot.com



©2012 Tales from Tai Vicari

Want to use this excerpt in your newsletter, blog or website? You have my blessing so long as you include the following complete blurb with it (including links).

Tai Vicari, Owner/Creator and Author of Tales from Tai Vicari, Nephilim Born and Rising of the Nephilim; Visit her at, http://www.talesfromtaivicari.blogspot.com/ to sign up and become a follower of her work.


6 comments:

  1. She offers quite the tempting offer. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, lovely piece this is! So full of hope and emotion and wonder. I loved it. Best piece you're done so far as this conveyed so much to my heart. Excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a wonderful read, packed with emotion. I just love your descriptions. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. I'm glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely descriptions! Looking forward to the next read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lena. I'm really excited. I hope all will like what comes next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting.