Monday, July 16, 2012

Tuesday Tales Picture Prompt

This is a short story that is Untitled....It is written for Tuesday Tales, perhaps you can title it. 

Tuesday Tale picture prompt:

“No, no, noooo” my grandfather had warned me so many times as a young child.  “Do not open Grand papa’s chest.  It holds the treasure closet to my heart.”  He warned shaking his finger at me.
This went on for quite some time growing up, whenever we visited my grandparent’s home.  Home, well more like mansion, my father had a very fortunate upbringing but he gave it all up to be a missionary traveling wherever the world needed help.  Nobel perhaps, but I didn’t feel the same.  I dreamt of what was in that chest and knew that I would have to work for Grandpapa in order to see the treasure inside. 
When I was 15 years of age I insisted that I live with my grandparents.  And with great dismay my parents gave into me and so off I went with Grandpapa.  My life was never the same.  I was welcomed into a harsh world of entrepreneurial espionage.  Learning every way I could from Grandpapa on how to overtake corporations.  As I Walked in Grand papa’s footsteps, I graduated from The University of Cambridge earning a First-class Honour degree which instantly catapulted me into my Grand papa’s company.  My goal had changed to wanting to take over the next struggling companies and leading governments, forgetting family.
Now, I sat with the trunk in front of me which was left to me from Grandpapa.  I had held his hand as he left this life, whispering to me with his last breathe a verse of a song he use to sing to me when I was younger “the greatest thing you’ll ever learn is to be loved and love in return.”  As I opened the trunk there was but one picture and it was of my grandpapa and me laughing and hugging each other.  

For more great stories return to http://www.tuesdaytales1.blogspot.com/

 

©2012 Tales from Tai Vicari

Want to use this excerpt in your newsletter, blog or website? You have my blessing so long as you include the following complete blurb with it (including links).
Tai Vicari, Owner/Creator and Author of Tales from Tai Vicari, Nephilim Born and Rising of the Nephilim; Visit her at, http://www.talesfromtaivicari.blogspot.com/ to sign up and become a follower of her work.



4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift from her grandpapa. A picture of the two of them is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No treasure can match that one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story so much! It has warmth, tenderness, surprise, a hint of skulduggery and bad-guy-ish doings. Name? Either Grandpapa's Chest or Love and Be Loved in Return. Hope you begin this story at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You pack so much into this story and leave me with a lovely cosy wam feeling. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting.