Monday, December 10, 2012

Rising of the Nephilim conts.

*I've been out of the loop for a while. I got my ass kicked by Super-Storm Sandy. But, you can't keep this dog down. :-) This weeks prompt word is: FUTURE, enjoy!


Katriana sat wondering if she could commit to a life she had never thought she would be involved in.  She did not ask for any of it. Why then was she chosen? She sat on the edge of the pier looking out across the water pondering what she should do as she felt someone approach from behind her. Turning slowly she could see that it was Sabrina.

"Hi" Katriana said uneasy as Sabrina approached without speaking.  She remembered the last encounter with Sabrina and how she was given a choice to either join Sabrina or die.  She had not expected this moment to be her last. She still wanted more time with Junior. He was so kind and gentle. He loved her and she loved him. Sabrina sat down next to Katriana. They sat quietly for quite some time just looking out into the water. When finally Sabrina spoke.

"When I was a little girl I use to love going on adventures with my best friend Lloyd.  Back then I use to think I was an alien. (she began to chuckle) It's funny how you think when you are a child. Innocent. You see I grew up poor. My human father didn't have much and we struggled but we were happy. There were times when I saw the worst the world had to offer but all in all I was content. Now, I'm wealthier than I was as a child. I'm stronger and a hell of a lot smarter.  I'm powerful, perhaps more than any other creature that walks the earth and yet I yearn for a confidant. And what is to be with me, I just don't know but for now I can't complain either way."

Sabrina then took up Katriana's hands in hers. They were cold. She looked into Katriana's eyes and read her thoughts.  She saw a scared human. Haunted by her past and the loss of her family and uncertain of what would happen next.

Sabrina then gently said to Katriana, "I have some advice for you. I encourage you to take it. Everyone has a past, no matter if it's good or bad. The only thing we can do, is accept it.  As for our present, the best thing to do is celebrate it. Rejoice in your good times and live for the now. As for your future, receive it.  For it will come whether you like it or not." And with that Sabrina placed Katriana's hands back in her lap and got up and took off in the night sky.

Katriana watched her soar higher in the air till she could see no more.  Sabrina was more than beautiful and she was always kind to her. All but that one time.  Katriana knew now that Sabrina did not want to harm her but she was being pressured by others to turn her. Immortality was the offer and as Katriana looked out she took in a deep breath and decided she was now ready to receive it.

Thanks for stopping by. For more Tuesday Tales go to: www.tuesdaytales1.blogspot.com




6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the positive karma coming from this tale. Your words were true to life. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Sabrina is one wise chicky. We could all use her advice. The story is going to kick into high gear for Katriana, isn't it. So exciting. Great to be back to this story, too. I've always loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for stopping by. I really appreciate the support. I'm trying to get back into the loop. Slowly but surely I will. Thank you all again for your review and kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting.