Monday, April 22, 2013

Rising of the Nephilim.....WIP

Tuesday Tales prompt word is: TRAVEL. If you go back the last thing to happen with Katriana and Sabrina is that they seduced Issy.  Issy is Ishmael's off-spring(vampire). Ishmael is the leader of the Nephilim. I hope you enjoy what you are about to read. Please leave a comment or critique. I value your opinion.


                                        *****************************************

Katriana sat waiting for the plane to take off going over the events that had taken place between Sabrina, Issy and herself. She smiled thinking that a year ago she would never have thought of herself being this person, this thing. But the deeper she traveled into this new world the more it felt right.  The more she wanted to know, feel and feed.  She was the right hand of the most powerful being in the world and she knew that something very important was about to take place and she was vital to Sabrina's plan.

Closing her eyes she wanted to rest on the flight back to Latvia. Junior would be there and she was going to tell him all she could. That was the least she could do without revealing Sabrina's intentions. She wanted Junior to trust her but she was loyal to Sabrina. Sleep overcame her and she dreamt of being with Junior in the labyrinth, on their bench when he first kissed her. So warm and inviting. Like the warm of a summer breeze that caresses your skin. 

There was turbulence and Katriana was awakened by a woman who let out a startled scream. Inhaling a sign of relief that it was just a nervous person, Katriana adjusted in her seat.  The seat belt sign was on so she made sure she was fastened in as the plane descended down landing in Riga International Airport. It was going on half past nine in the evening. Her stomach ached from hunger. She could smell the fresh blood which surrounded her. The temptation was becoming intense but she knew Junior would be waiting and with dinner reservations.

When getting off the plane she didn't have to worry about claiming luggage, Sabrina told her to just travel light and if you need something buy it otherwise you can do without. It was necessary to leave a little as possible behind so that they were never tracked. Just go to the destination, complete your assignment and leave. Cut and dry. Nothing to trace.

Walking outside the airport she could feel the dampness in the air that Riga was known for in the summer. It was refreshing to be home finally. Junior was leaning up against his car waiting for her and as the wind carried her scent his way he looked up smiling.  Never did she see such an inviting look as the one she saw from Junior. She ran to him jumping into his arms and breathing him in as they embraced.

It had been too long since she was in his arms. She began to kiss him deeper, longing to be in his bed. He started to laugh, "Hold on there, it's only been two weeks"

"Two weeks, too long." staring into his deep blue eyes Katriana long for him. They both busted out laughing.

"So, I got a text from Issy that I owe him money? I text back that if he tricked you into kissing him then it doesn't count. So my love, was it trickery?"

Holding her breath for a moment Katriana closed her eyes and lowered her head. She didn't think that Issy would text Junior. But of course he did, that was his normal way of things. "I didn't realize that he was tricking me. He said that I had to act like Sabrina and that she always kissed Ishmael hello. So, I did it and that's when I found out about the bet." Katriana looked up to meet Juniors eyes and he was smiling at her.

"No worries love. We have to do what our masters tell us or there will be no "us" I understand about doing your job. As for Issy, he's an ass, but a powerful one so be careful. If I know Sabrina she already put him in his place." Junior started to laugh and pulled Katriana in for one more deep kiss before helping her into the car.

Katriana didn't know how much Junior knew about the events in China. So she was going to wait till she spoke with Sabrina before telling Junior anything. Something was urging her to keep quiet and she was going to heed the warning.


Thanks for stopping by, please visit the other authors' by clicking Tuesday Tales!




12 comments:

  1. If something is telling you to keep quiet, heed that warning. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Thanks V for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. It's tricky navigating such political waters in the world of vampires...but I loved this moment of lightness between Kat and Junior. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Vampires are tricky but Nephilims take the cake. Sabrina and her kind are blowing me away. I'm glad that I can bring a smile to you through my writing.

      Delete
  3. It's great to get back to this story. I love all the relationships and how Issy tricked her to win the bet with Junior. All the different personalities and hierarchies are fascinating. This is a great story and your writing is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean as always I am truly grateful for your input. I figure this time around I'd intro with a little dynamics of the characters because unless you have been reading right along you can get confused. I'm almost there I can feel it. ;-)

      Delete
  4. I love this scene and again the love between Junior and Katrina. It helps to give more depth to the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love vampires and want to read more of this.. It's drawn me in for sure.. Well written.

    Not visited you before - love the blog colours...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Katrina and Junior. When they are alone together they get to be the two "normal people" during all the politics surrounding the dealings with the Nephilims. They are sweet together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a vampire fire, but after reading your story, you have drawn me in. Your writing is strong, and tight. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to everyone for your comments and stopping by. I really appreciate feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice writing, I thought something was going to happen while she was on the plane :)

    Stef

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting.