Monday, July 15, 2013

Alert Again.....WIP

This is a continuation of my recent WIP "Alert Again" this weeks snippet is written with the Tuesday Tales word prompt: COURT  Let me know what you think and leave a comment. Oh, and please return to Tuesday Tales

 
**********************
 

As the gavel hit the sound block the noise that erupted from the courtroom was deafening. "ORDER, we will have ORDER in my court!" the judge let out a roar that silenced the audience as they sat behind Donna Right while the judge ruled "incompetency to stand trial or to be executed do to duress caused my mental illness."

 

Shaking her heard she mumbled "but I didn't do it and I'm not crazy" Her attorney Mr. Shores who was hired by Charles patted her back and rubbed the side of her shoulder as he leaned in close, whispering in her ear to remain quiet everything is almost all over. But she knew better, it wasn't almost over, she still had to serve time in the state sanitarium for observation until the state felt she was able to be among society again.

 

Anxiety began to overcome Donna, "I'm not insane, I'm NOT insane" she raised her voice where all eyes were now on her as she was losing control and her attorney motioned for the guards to come closer. 

 

The judge continued with his ruling as the two guards walked closer to Donna. She screamed "NO!" and tried to get from behind the table when two other officers came from behind her, grabbing and trying to restrain her as she tried to duck and squirm but the combination of all four officers were too much for Donna and at one point she banged her head on the corner of the table.  The pain rang like a bell throughout her head down her left arm as she was slammed into the floor and then put in a restraint.

 

Sobbing she keep repeating her innocence and begging whoever would here hear "Help me, help me, help me please...."

 

"Sissy, Sissy, wake-up dear, wake-up. You are going to be all right. I won't let anyone take you anywhere. Henry and I will help you." Abigail had heard the cries coming from Donna's room and couldn't help but hear her dreaming out loud. She knew this poor creature had been through a lot but didn't know the extent. She was a God fearing Christian and had a great judge of character. She knew this poor soul was innocent of whatever she was accused of. But for now, she held Donna in her arms, cradling her like her mother had done whenever she had had a terrible dream when she was younger. Rocking back an forth she wiped the tears that streamed down Donna's face and try to reassure a very frightened young lady that she would be there for her no matter what.

*****************


 

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment, share and like if you feel this snippet is worthy of it. But, most importantly return to HERE for more great work from other authors and writers.

 



10 comments:

  1. You have gripped me. I can't wait read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that's intense.. I really want to read this in it's entirety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, that was SO intense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! Wow...the poor thing! I hope she's able to clear her name...what torment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think this was a dream until the end you wrote it so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible scene. I really want to know what she was accused of and why Charles set her up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad Abigail & henry are looking after her! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intense scene, I am curious to see why she had been institutionalized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a powerful scene! I felt her anxiety as they were taking her away. Now I need to know what she was accused of and is she really innocent?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting.