Monday, October 14, 2013

Alert Again....WIP

This weeks Tuesday Tales is written to the picture prompt. Donna Right wanted to make an appearance as well this week. So here is some more from Alert Again! Please after reading leave a comment. I love feedback!

 
 
 
Looking down at the list Donna knew she was in the right place. There was plenty of produce here for her to get all the ingredients she needed for this evening's dinner with the Sheriff. Different types of apples, which was perfect for her deep dish apple pie she would make for dessert. She couldn't believe she was making dinner for a man she barely knew yet it felt right.

 
Her past had been drifting in and out of her memory since she fled the hospital. She didn't know if it was because of all the head trauma or the medications she was on. But she wasn't going to worry because tonight she was just going to concentrate on having a great evening.
 
Grabbing the items she needed she went inside the country store.  There was only one patron ahead of her at the register.  The woman turned around and looked at her in surprise. "Donna?" Donna reactively turned to look behind herself as if the woman may have been noticing someone behind her. 
 
"I'm sorry you must be mistaking for someone else." Donna replied as the woman stepped aside with a puzzled look. Donna proceeded to place the groceries on the counter her back now to the woman that kept staring at her.
 
"Wow, I could swear you were a person I knew back in New York. I mean her hair was different but the face, her eyes? I'm sorry what is your name?" 
 
"Everyone calls me Sissy." responded Donna without facing the woman again.
 
"Well Sissy I guess everyone has a twin. But I can't help but notice that you have the same scar as Donna does on the back of her neck."  
 
Donna turned instantly reaching up to the left side of her neck with her hand.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by. Please return HERE for more great reads from great authors and writers.
 
   


7 comments:

  1. Aha - interesting! Nice use of the prompt as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this gave me chills. I love you're bringing this story back. You left us hanging. I've been dying to know who she is and what she's done. This is a great excerpt. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree with Jean about bringing this story back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear...she's been found out!! What will happen now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing. I so want to know more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh oh, it appears her secret is out. I wonder if this will work against her? I want to know how she shakes that woman off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hooked! I want to keep reading and find out more. Very good scene. It's perfect for this photo prompt too.
    Trisha Faye

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting.